Considerations for Implementing a Driver Assisted Program at Your Scale
Should you implement a Driver Assisted Program?
A Driver Assisted Program is giving truck driver access to the disposal facility using a kiosk to weigh in and out without scale operator interaction.
Set Some Goals:
Greater and faster truck throughput reducing scale queues and getting the truckers back on the road.
Reduction of scale house workforce.
Potential additional operating hours for customers and traffic distribution.
5 Questions to ask yourself:
1. Does my traffic warrant the program?
2. Do I have room for the kiosks or a separate scale lane?
3. Is the information required consistent enough that drivers can easily adapt?
4. Do I trust potential participants? – information is participant dependent.
5. Will I alienate my non-participating customers?
A Driver Assisted Program has many potential benefits, but an analysis of the impact of those benefits is necessary for a successful implementation.