Senior Network Security Engineer
Senior Network Security Engineer
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We currently have a requirement for a Senior Network Security Engineer, based in HQ Limerick.
We are looking to recruit a senior network security engineer who will be accountable for all technology-related security and compliance issues across the company including information security, privacy, data classification and governance and security auditing. In the role, you will collaborate with key stakeholders across all parts of the business to help streamline security and processes to ensure AMCS security posture is maintained at the highest level.
- Define AMCS Groups security strategy and assist with preparing the companies IT
security standards & policies.
- Build out an AMCS security framework for merging acquired companies into the AMCS network.
- Provide security input into the design of the companies on-prem and cloud network architecture.
- Maintain, enhance and contribute to the documentation around security tools, processes
- Implement a security training curriculum for internal employees on the topics of phishing,
WiFi hotspots, malware/ransomware etc.
- Own delivery of the company’s wider information security strategy and data governance.
- Own IT Security’s input into risk and compliance programme initiatives such as GDPR,
ISO 27001, SOC.
- Liaise with third party auditors such as PwC to demonstrate the company’s security
- Administer and monitor security solutions used within AMCS and provide key KPI’s
to the business.
- Lead the response to security incidents affecting or potentially affecting AMCS and its
- Develop technical solutions which help mitigate security vulnerabilities through automating
tasks and actions.
- Liaise with the various AMCS business units to ensure data protection policies are followed
and all implemented business processes align with the company’s security policies.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in a global IT environment in a systems integration or
deployment & security engineering role.
- A degree in Computer Science or IT related discipline or equivalent is desirable.
- Have acquired or be in the process of acquiring a security certification E.G. CISA,
CISSP or other security related technology certifications.
- An Azure or AWS cloud certification would be beneficial.
- Must possess a general understanding of information security risk management, such as
ISO/IEC 27001:2013, Octave-Allegro
- Prior experience with vulnerability & patch management programs and tools, change
control and general IT governance processes;
- Must possess a good understanding of IT architecture and security architecture methodologies,
such as SABSA
- Must be experienced with cybersecurity controls including Firewalls, DDoS, IPS/IDS,
Web Application Firewalls, multi-factor authentication, PKI’s, anti-malware protections,
anomaly detection, etc
- Must be experienced with mobility solutions including MDM, MAM, auto-enrolment, and BYOD;
- Must be experienced with cloud solutions including identity management, Federation, ADFS,
AD Connect, SAML, etc;
- Must possess a strong understanding of risk management, security architecture, common
design flaws/weaknesses, and vulnerability analysis;
- Must have a good understanding of data protection and privacy requirements and regulations,
specifically the new General Data Protection Regulation.
- Project management skills and ability to manage information security project delivery.
- Experience with working across business units and geographical boundaries to
engage with stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to
communicate effectively with the IT organization, Senior management and business personnel.